New & Improved “Classic” Fall Attraction Plot
- ASuperior Forage Oat!
- High Cold Tolerance
- Fast Growth, High Production
- Most Preferred of ALL Cereal Grains
- Withstands Heavy Pressure
- Great for Mixing!
About Trophy Grazer Oats
Oats have long been the CLASSIC hunting plot, but Trophy Grazer Oats are NOT just another oat! The product of years of selective breeding and research, this FORAGE OAT blows out of the ground, grows fast and yields tons of high-energy forage when deer need it most. Cold has always been the nemesis of oats, but no longer. Trophy Grazer was bred to take on frigid weather that would stop most varieties of oats “cold”, thus extending production and attractiveness! Great alone or mixed with any fall planting. Ideal for small and large food plots and can take the heaviest grazing pressure. Recommended NATIONWIDE.
● Select a sunny site and thoroughly plow/disk soil until the seedbed is clean, level and firm.
● Proper fertilizing and liming willsignificantly increase the production, attraction and nutritional value of plots. Tecomate recommends soil-testing and then fertilizing and liming as needed. Generally, we recommend liming if the pH is below 5.8 and fertilizing with a balanced mixture such as 13-13-13 at 250 pounds/acre.
● Broadcast or grain-drill to plant seeds approximately ½ to 1-inch deep in moist soil at a rate of 50 lbs./half-acre. Avoid planting too deep. When broadcasting, cover seeds by dragging, cultipacking or lightly disking. Begins attracting deer about 20 days after planting.
Recommended Planting Times: Planting Zone Map
Zone 1 (North) - July 15-Sept. 15
Zone 2 (Mid-America) - Aug. 15-Oct. 15
Zone 3 (South) - Sept. 1-Nov. 1
Zone 4 (Coastal South) - Sept. 15-Nov. 15